Welcome, MKCA visitor!
Minnesota Kinship Caregivers Association (MKCA) made the difficult decision to dissolve as a private non-profit in 2013.
MKCA's Warmline has become part of Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota’s Raising Relative’s Children program. We offer resources, education, support and services to kinship families and professionals who serve them in Minnesota.
Visit our website >
For more information, contact the Warmline:
We can help you understand:
- Legal options – custody, adoption, guardianship or private agreements
- Financial benefits – MFIP Child Only Grants, Social Security benefits, child support and more
- Relationships – changing situations and dynamics, co-parenting and visitation
- County services – child protection, case management services
- Educational services – resources for your child
We offer workshops, support and education, individual consultations, and more.
The MKCA Legal Steps manual is available from Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid, as are additional resources. This guide will help you understand your legal options in caring for a relative or friend’s child.
MKCA had received a Family Connections Kinship Navigator Grant in 2009. The final evaluation report is available, as is the summary report.