How do I make changes to my budget?

A request must be submitted to your County Case Manager through phone or email. Case Managers will provide you with the information you need to make the changes. Once changes have been approved the Case Manager will send approval to PICS to revise the budget plan and make the official change.If you have further questions please contact us.
Back to top

When can my staff start to work?

Staff can start to work once HR has received all the completed required paperwork and issued a date of hire.
Back to top

What are the maximum/minimum pay rates?

The State minimum pay rate is $12.00 an hour. For paid parents of minors, the maximum pay rate differs depending on which business model you are on:
Agency with Choice is $14.95 an hour
Payroll Model is $16.71 an hour

Any other staff pay rate are determine by the agreement between the Participant and Employee.
Back to top

How many hours can I submit per week?

Hours vary depending on your approved budget plan. Please contact your Service Coordinator.
Back to top

When are timesheets due?

Timesheets are due biweekly. They are due by noon on Monday and pay out the following Wednesday. See our payroll calendar.


Back to top

Can my employees enter time on the portal?

Employees do not have access to enter time on the portal. Only Participants may access the portal.
Back to top

I don't know who my Service Coordinator is. What should I do?

Please contact us and our Administrative Specialist will be able to give you the information. 


Back to top

I don't understand my spending summary. What should I do?

If your spending summary has you stumped, the best thing to do is contact us. We'll look at your spending summary together and make sure everything is understood, on your end as well as ours


Back to top

How do I view my online spending summary?

You must login to the portal. If you don’t have access to the portal please contact us and we’ll help you set it up. Once in the portal, you will need to click “Reports”. Then select the line and Service Agreement which you will like to view. 


Back to top

There is an error on my spending summary. What should I do?

Contact us and we will work with you to find the problem.


Back to top

Do you take taxes out of mileage?

Mileage is not taxed. Contact us if you have additional questions about mileage.


Back to top

Do I have to pay over-time (OT) on respite?

Yes. Overtime is calculated when an employee works beyond 40 hours a week. If an employee works for more than one family, their hours are a cumulative total and overtime will be calculated after a total of 40 hours are worked. Overtime is charged to whichever family the employee is working for at the time 40 hours is exceeded.  Contact us if you have additional questions.
Back to top

What is a Family Deductible? 

The Family Deductible is a cost-sharing program the Minnesota State Legislature passed into law at the end of 2011. As noted in the Minnesota Statute 256B.0631, MA enrollees over the age of 21 are to begin cost-sharing with providers by paying a monthly family deductible or co-payment for each period of eligibility, effective January 1, 2012.

The deductible is an out-of-pocket cost you are now responsible to pay each month, in order to keep your services open and active.  You cannot use waiver or budget dollars to cover the cost.  Whichever of your service providers bills DHS first for services in any given month will be assessed the fee and they in turn will pass the bill onto you.  For example, PICS bills $100 for an April service.  We are the first provider to bill in April, so the state will pay $100-$2.75=$97.25 and it becomes our responsibility to collect the additional amount owed from you directly. You can learn more by viewing the Family Deductible – FAQ or contact us directly.

Back to top

What is a Spenddown?

A spenddown is like an insurance deductible. If your income is more than the allowed income limit, you may still qualify for medical assistance by meeting a spenddown. A spenddown is the amount you must pay towards medical bills before the state will start to pay.

You can learn more by viewing the Spenddown – FAQ or contact us directly.

Back to top