NETStudy 2.0: Background Study Changes
November 16, 2016
The MN Department of Human Services (DHS) will be rolling out the newest version of their online background study program, NETStudy 2.0. PICS currently submits employee background studies through NETStudy. This new program affects employees working for individuals under the CDCS or Personal Supports programs.
- Collection of personal information - data from driver’s license or state ID
- Photo Identification
- Fingerprint Processing
- Fingerprint Service Location automatically submits information to NETStudy 2.0. NETStudy 2.0 will alert PICS Human Resources of background study results. The employee will receive background study results by mail.
- Employee will not have to go through fingerprinting and photo process again for PICS or other DHS licensed employer UNLESS the employee did not provide their social security number on the background study form and/or have more than a 6 month lapse in employment at a licensed employer.
Why is it changing?
- Improve accuracy - DHS will continuously run background checks on a daily basis
- Faster processing - shorter wait time to receive completed results
When will it take effect?
Effective immediately on 1/1/2017.
What do I need to do?
If you are currently hired under the CDCS waiver, PICS Human Resources will email you at least a month before your annual background study is due. This email will ask you to complete the new background study authorization and will provide further instructions for the new process. If you are a new hire or are hiring a new employee, please make sure you are using the most up-to-date form. All of our forms on our website have been updated.