Why does PICS run background checks?

The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) requires background checks for all employees who could be working with vulnerable adults and minors. A disqualifying offense is defined by DHS. The Managing Party is only notified if the employee has passed or has been disqualified. If there is a disqualifying offense, the employee will be notified by a mailed letter. The employee must stop working once the Managing Party is made aware of the disqualification.

Should the employee wish to contest the results, they may complete a new background study with fingerprints by contacting the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. PICS will not pay for this additional process. Our background study forms are available under Employee Forms or you can contact Human Resources.


Back to top

How does my managing party change my wage?

To change an employee's wage, the managing party must complete a Status Change Form and submit it to PICS. Any employee's wage cannot be changed without the Status Change Form completed and signed by both the Managing Party and the employee. Employee wage changes must be approved by PICS to ensure compliance with service plan and State and Federal guidelines.

This form can be submitted to PICS by mail, email, or fax. For information, please contact us.


Back to top

What should I do if there is a change in my personal information?

If you have a change in personal information (i.e. name, address or email), please notify us via postal mail, e-mail, fax, or the website. Another option is to download our Status Change Form. This form can be submitted to PICS by mail, email, or fax. For information, please contact us.


Back to top

Can I be employed if I am a minor?

Yes, the minimum age to be hired as a direct support professional is 14 years old. However, please keep in mind that you will need to follow the Child Labor Standards Act regulations. The Child Labor Standards Act specifies when and how long a minor can work per day or per week.

Back to top

How can I receive a copy of my pay stubs?

Please contact our Payroll Department at 651-967-5060 ext. 2313 or info@picsmn.org and we will be able to help get the forms you need.


Back to top

Can I receive paper checks?

No, employees can only receive payment through direct deposit or the ADP TotalPay debit card.

If you request direct deposit, but don't submit a bank document or you don't submit a Payment Options Form once you've been hired, our Payroll Department will automatically mail you the ADP TotalPay debit card. You can submit a bank document and switch to direct deposit at any time.

Back to top

How do I activate my debit pay card account or edit my card information?

To activate your service and set your pin, please call 1-866-402-1237.

Once you activate:

  1. Sign the back of your card.
  2. Read your Quick Start Guide or the FAQ page on the Money Network website.
  3. Download the Money Network mobile app.

For more information, visit www.moneynetwork.com or call the Money Network Customer Service line at 1-866-402-1237.

Back to top

Am I eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO)? How do I use my PTO hours?

  • PTO is offered for employees under the CDCS and CSG services. Not available for Personal Supports employees.
  • You are eligible to use PTO hours once you have worked at least 600 hours starting on 7/1/15.
                     - You will accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 52 hours worked. 
  • Your total number of PTO hours is listed on your paystub.
                     - If you've not received your paystub, please contact PICS.
  • To use any of your PTO hours, please complete the PTO Request Form and submit it to PICS.
  • PTO is not exempt from income taxes under 2014-7 as some direct support wages are.
                     - If you are exempt under 2014-7, you will need a W-4 on file with your employer for PTO.
  • PTO hours must be approved by your Managing Party.
  • If you're a Managing Party and Employee working 40 hours a week, you can take the PTO above and beyond the 40 hours. It will not count as overtime. 
  • PTO wages are paid out at the employee's wage when they use PTO, not when it is earned.
                     - Ex: if you earn $14 per hour in 2015, but take PTO in 2016 when you earn $14.50, you'll be paid for PTO hours at $14.50 per hour. 
  • A PTO fee of 2.2% is applied to the participant's budget in order to pay for this benefit.
  • If you have any further questions about PTO, please contact the SEIU Member Action Center at 651-294-8100 or 1-800-828-0206.
Back to top