Metro Homeless Youth Programs Wish List
LSS Metro Homeless Youth Services offer a continuum of holistic services to runaway, homeless, and street-dependent youth in the Twin Cities Metro Area. These services are committed to helping youth build on assets and strengths, and connecting them with caring, supportive adults.
Donations of items listed below provide the homeless youth we serve with daily essentials.
An idea for a donation drive...
Consider adopting a youth by providing one of each basket to help make a young person’s new apartment a home sweet home!
Collect everything in a particular basket and assemble the set into in a large plastic storage container(s) or laundry basket(s) that the youth can use later to store/transport their belongings!
We ask that all listed basket items donated be new. Keep in mind, if a teenager you know would not use an item, our youth will not likely use it either. Please note that all hygiene, linen and bathroom items must be brand new and unused.
- Pots and Pans (set or single ones)
- Set of Dishes
- Set of Glasses (not coffee mugs)
- Set of Silverware
- Can opener & Cooking Utensils- spatula, wooden spoon, slotted spoons, measuring cups and spoons, etc.
- Knife set and cutting board
- Dish rack & Dish wand
- Kitchen towels, dish cloths, sponges
- Pot holders & oven mitt
- Tupperware set
- Colander & Mixing Bowls
- Cookie/Baking Sheet
- Basic and simple cookbook(s)
- Small Appliances (rice cookers, toasters, etc.)
- Plastic and fabric shower curtains and hooks
- Bath mat set (non-slip)
- Bath towel set
- Toilet brush w/holder
- Toilet plunger
- Bathroom set- toothbrush holder, soap dish, etc.
- Shower caddies
- Twin sheet sets and mattress pads (Twin, Full and Queen)
- Bed Pillows
- Blankets (throw and extra bed blankets)
- Comforters (Twin, Full and Queen)
CLEANING SUPPLIES BASKET
- Bleach, Laundry Detergent (pod/pac style) & Dryer Sheets
- Garbage Cans and Bags (kitchen and bathroom sizes)
- Broom & Dust Pan, Mop & Bucket,. Sponges
- Dust rags and Pledge
- House hold cleaners (non-toxic and natural please)
- Aluminum Foil, Baggies, Saran Wrap
- Paper towels, napkins, toilet tissue
PERSONAL HYGIENE KIT
All toiletry items must be new and unused. Please no sample-size /travel size items.
- Body Soap
- Hand Soap
- Face Wash
- Body and Face Lotion, Cocoa Butter
- Tweezers and Nail Clippers
- Black hair care products, hairspray, hair grease/gel
- Hairbrushes, boar bristle hairbrushes, combs, hair binders/clips
- Razors/Shaving Cream
- First Aid Kits, Band-Aids, anti-biotic ointment
- Acne medications
- Contact Lens Solution and Cases
- Over the counter medicine (Ibuprofen, allergy and cold)
- Bus cards and Bus Tokens
- Cub Foods, Rainbow Foods or Target gift cards
- Irons and Ironing Boards
- Alarm clock
- Window Fans
- Calendar/planner (pocket size)
- Standing and table lamps (new and stylish)
- Door mat/ kitchen trugs
- Batteries (All Sizes)
- Duffel bags, suitcases, large back packs
- Air Mattresses (all sizes)
- Diapers (sizes for newborns to 4 year olds)/Wipes
- Infant formula
- Bottles/Sippy Cups
- Infant hygiene supplies (baby wash, lotion)
BASIC CLOTHING BASKET
All basic clothing items must be new and unused.
- Socks for both young men and young women
- Cotton bikini underwear for young women (adult sizes)
- Boxers/boxer briefs for young men (adult sizes)
- White tank tops & t-shirts for young men (sizes M-XXL)
- Tank tops & t-shirts for young women (sizes S-XXL)
- Bras of all styles for young women (sizes 34B-40D)
- Warm winter wear (hats, gloves, scarves, winter jackets, winter boots and thermal underwear for young women (sizes M-XXL) and men (sizes S-XXL)
Using incentives are a great way to motivate our youth. The following is a list of extra’s that are always nice to reward accomplished youth:
- Gift certificates to: Target, Rainbow or Cub Foods, Marshalls, Book stores – Borders, Barnes and Noble, Foot Locker, IKEA, Dollar Tree
- Vacuums (new or gently used)
- TVs (new or gently used) and DVD players
- Stereo/Boom boxes (new or gently used)
- MP3 Players/Portable CD players with headphones
- Disposable cameras
- Bicycles (new or gently used)
- Newer and still functional computers
- Theater or concert tickets
- Movie passes
- Sport event tickets
Sunshine Fund Contributions - for special cultural and recreational outings
Please specifiy "Sunshine fund" in a note attached with your check or in the description if you make an online conribution.
Please coordinate with Annie Harm, Volunteer Specialist for the Metro Homeless Youth Programs, 651.470.8801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.